Tuesday 14 July 2015

A baby box card…..

Hey there, good to see you again!  Today, I'm going to show you a baby box card that I've made for a colleague at work.  His baby is going to be born by 10th August, and he knows he's having a little girl, but won't tell anyone the name.

I love making these box cards.  They look really complicated, but they are as easy as anything to make. Cutting out the shapes, attaching them to window sheets, then attaching them to to the card is the fiddly bit!


Because my colleague won't give away the baby's name, I couldn't put it on the card, so I decided to use stars, along with the Something for Baby Stamps.  The flaps on the card will fold up, and the card will fold flat to go in a card.  When the box is moved back into a square, all the items on the window sheet will spring into place, so it's a card with a bit of a Ta Dah!


Here is the card turned slightly one way, so you can see how I've decorated all of the flaps on the box, and you can see how the window sheet keeps the shapes balanced.


And here is the other side.  I've kept the greeting very simple.  I may add the baby's name when it's announced.  On the back of the tall flap with baby on it, there is a piece of white card stock that you can use to write your message on.  I think this is a great card to be pulled out of a baby's keepsake box in years to come!

Stampin' Up! Products used:
Blushing Bride Card stock
Blushing Bride Designer Series Paper
Mint Macaron Card stock
Whisper White Card stock
Something for Baby Stamp Set
Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Ink
Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Ink
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Ink
Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Ink
Baby's First Framelits
Bigshot
Window Sheet
Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Window Word Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment