Friday 30 May 2014

Sea Happiness Layout..

Hey there, thanks for coming to see me!  I have a layout to show you, which is most unusual, as I'm normally showcasing cards!

At Easter, we went to Cornwall, one of our favourite places, and we spent some time on the Beach at St Ives.  Emily is my little water babe, she is at her happiest when she's in her swimming costume, on a beach by the sea.  Have a look and see what I mean!


I haven't used paints and inks for a while, so I cracked open my paint case and gave it a go!  I first painted on the Card stock with White Acrylic Paint, then when it was dry, swiped over the top with a gold coloured ink pad.  I was really pleased with the effect.  You can't see the white paint too much, but it adds texture!


I didn't want to obstruct the photo too much, as I wanted to be able to see that Emily is facing the sea, but looking over her shoulder with a sense of satisfaction on her face!  I added lots of fussy elements down one side of the photo, so that your eye is drawn around the page.  There are a few little elements to look at!

Watch out for more layouts containing paints!  I had a blast, and didn't get too messy either!  Maybe I need to break out my Spray Inks!  What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment