Wednesday 12 March 2014

A Mini Album with a difference.....

Hey there, thanks for stopping by!  Today I have a mini album for you!  We had a fantastic holiday in Yorkshire last Summer, and when I saw this album on Pinterest (www.bellablvd.typepad.com), I knew that I just had to make it!


I love the way this album all folds in on itself, so you think it's quite a small album.  It's not until you start folding this little treasure out, you realise how big it is!  I coloured my chipboard letters with Stampin' Up Writer Markers, then covered them with Glossy Accents.  It gives the letters a lovely thick, shiny look.


This is the first fold out!  The main section of the album is made of three pieces of card cut to size, then scored each end, then stuck together.  This results in a album that has large square areas to stick full size photo's onto, coupled with small thin areas that either take long thin photo's, titles or journaling.


The two front covers are 5 x 5" squares, and one sits under the other, giving a lovely first page (the tag and the photo of Fountains Abbey).  I also added in pockets, so that tags could be tucked away, and I added in a couple of extra doors under the Oh Happy Day stamp.


These are my main pages, once the album is all folded out.  I wanted to keep the last main page for me, James and Emily.  You can't see the journalling on one of the smaller areas by our photo, but it says my love, my life!

This album has lots of texture, different size flaps to discover, pockets and tags.  Just a word of warning, this album didn't take very long to put together, but it did take ages to decorate!

Stampin' Up! Products used:
Fresh Prints Designer  Series Paper Stack (Item No 132996, £6.25)
Coastal Cabana 12 x 12" Card stock
Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (Item No 133324, £20.95)
Starburst Sayings Stamp Set (Item No 133182 (wood), 133185 (Clear), £22.95 or £17.95 respectively
Real Red and Coastal Cabana Stampin' Write Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment