Wednesday 23 October 2013

The other 2 Sewing Feature layouts...

Hey, welcome back and thanks for stopping by to see my final 2 sewing feature layouts!  I don't think I mentioned in my last post, but sewing doesn't come naturally for me, so this feature was a real challenge, but one I thoroughly enjoyed!  Here are my next two layouts!


I think this has to be one of my favourite layouts ever!  I did 2 things on this layout that I'd never completed before.  Blanket stitching (around the large star), and the material flowers!  The flowers were fiddly to do, but I think they look so effective!  Again, I used material in lieu of Patterned Paper behind the photo, and it works just as well.  I layered the material to add a bit of dimension.


This is my final layout, and the most challenging!  I'd never heard of appliqué, let alone do any!  Needless to say, the Internet didn't fail me, and I found out exactly what it was.  I have to say I'm very pleased with my first attempts at appliqué, and think it looks very effective on this layout.

Completing applique to attach to a scrapbook layout is different from completing appliqué on material.  I used felt as a backing, so that my sewing had a firm base to be able to attach to my paper.  Watch out for a blog post later on showing you how to applique for Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment