Saturday 19 October 2013

Sewing Feature in Scrapbook Magazine!

Hey there, thanks for stopping again, it's always good to see you!  I mentioned back in June or July that I'd completed a sewing feature for Scrapbook Magazine.  I could show you sneaks at the time, but not my full layouts.  The magazine is now off sale, so I can show you my full layouts!  Here are the first two layouts I completed!



This is the first of the Layouts I completed, and I decided to make Material YoYo's and felt bubbles!  The YoYo's are really easy to make.
  1. Die Cut or hand cut out a circle of material
  2. Sew a running stitch around the outer edge of the circle, no need to be too fussy!
  3. Gently pull the thread together so the edges of the circle gather in the middle and tie off the threads
  4. Sew a button in the middle to hide the gathered edges and attach to your layout
The felt circles were sewn with metallic thread to give them a water like appearance, and I appliquéd some photo corners!



This is my second layout, and features Emily and her Best Friend, Ruby!  I utilised Cross Stitch on this layout and the use of my Big Shot, which cuts felt like a dream!  The Big Shot will cut through almost any material including Chipboard.

I'd forgotten how much I loved to Cross Stitch, having completed many Cross Stitch pictures years ago, and is definitely something I will use again.  You don't need anything other than Aida and thread to complete the cross stitching, then use Stampin' Up!  Sticky Strip to attach it to your layout.  Not only will it secure your Cross Stitch firmly, but it will hold the Aida in place, so it won't fray anymore than you want it to.  I also used material in lieu of Patterned Paper behind my photograph!

If you'd like to know anything more about these layouts, please click on my Contact me button, and watch out for my next post featuring the other 2 layouts I completed!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sam - lovely little layout !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done YoYos for ages, may have another go - liking the photo corners too ;)
    Well done of cross stitching again - I'm still doing that but its all WIP!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought YoYo's would ease me in gently Ally!!

      Delete