Sunday 3 July 2011

Me in a Moleskine..

I've liked the idea of Art Journal's for a while, and I've bought a sketchbook to complete one of my own, but I didn't really have a clue.  Luckily for me, the very lovely and talented Kirsty Wiseman is doing an online Art Journal Class called Me in a Moleskin.  The moleskine book will be all about me and will go quite in-depth.  My kit arrived, which had me quite excited....


I love the pink tissue paper, which I've wrapped all of the spare pieces of my kit back in.  You never know, I may just use it in my journal somewhere!  Kirsty also held a live class on Ustream that I couldn't log into as I was on bed and dinner duty due to Craig being away, but it is recorded, so I can access it whenever I want.  I watched the first 10 - 15 minutes of it last night (going to do this in bite size chunks) and here is my cover and the tag on the inside of the cover.....


I've used the paint from a Paint Dabber to splat paint over the cover (some went on the back too as I opened the book flat on my craft sheet), and I've used a good old coffee mug to put the coffee ring on the front!  Kirsty has supplied all of the wording in the kit, so I've hand cut this and inked the edges with the Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Kirsty suggested putting a tag in the front of the book, so that if anyone reads this in the years to come, they  know what year all of this information relates to, as I may not feel the same way next year!  I couldn't just put a blank tag in the glassine envelope that came in the kit, so I've used my Crafty Individual stamps again to decorate the tag and I've also used three different colour Bakers Twine in the hole in the tag.  I am in the process of doing the first page in my journal, but it's a work in progress, so you will see it later when it's finished!

1 comment:

  1. Love the stamping on the tag & where's the first page then??? lol

    ReplyDelete