Monday 18 July 2011

Fairies at the bottom of my garden........

My friend, Ellie, is 40 today, Monday 18th July, and I decided to make Ellie a card and present!  I bought some Lavinia Stamps at the Big Stamp and Scrapbook Show in April, but I've not put them to much use so far!

I knew that I wanted to make Ellie a journal for her 40th Birthday, as she loved the book I made for Joe, her youngest.  I did cheat with the book and went to Paperchase rather than making my own, but the stamping on the cover and pages are all my own work!


This is Ellie's card, and I've stamped the ferns and leaves in Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, which is a light green, then I stamped over the top a couple of times with Pine Needle Distress Ink, which is a darker green to give some depth.


I've used the same principle on the front of Ellie's Journal, using the light green first and then added some depth by stamping over with the darker green.  I love the flying fairies, they are my favourite!


This is one of the pages in Ellie's journal.  I've used my Scrapagogo Loyalty Stamps to stamp the title, and the stars are Lavinia Stamps again.  I've cut the front off the invitation Craig and I was given for Ellie's Party, so she already has a memento in her book!  I've left some pages where guests at her party can write a message, then at least half the album for photo's!


I couldn't resist showing this pages, as I loooooveeeeee this little fairy clothes line.  Along with the flying fairies, this has to be one of my favourite stamps!

I would definitely go into Paperchase again, as they have some great Kraft notebooks that are perfect for altering for presents!!  These really are fairies at the bottom of my garden, as my flowers were flattened taking these pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I love the card and journal - I'm a big fan of Lavinia stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that card - its fab. I'm also liking the idea of the kraft journal as pressies! Good thinking!
    x

    ReplyDelete