Monday 14 March 2011

A Card Factory

I haven't made any cards for years, even though I was a keen card maker, and one of my new years resolutions (such as they are) is to make cards wherever I can.  I've made four cards so far this year, two for my Indecisives Team Mates, Ally and Suzy, and two for Craig, who is starting a new job on 14th March.


These are the cards that I made for Ally and Suzy!  The cupcake stamps are Papermania Stamps, and the paper and doily are some that I've had in my stash for a little while!  I used my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch to make the border on Suzy's Card.  This was also my first attempt at colouring with my Letraset Promarkers!


It only seemed right to make Craig some new job cards for when he starts his new job!  The Wish card was from James and Emily, and the front of the card is covered with Creative Imaginations Wood Veneer, and I've used a Tim Holtz Tag and clip.  The blue card was my first attempt at using only stamping methods.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Stormy Sky and Broken China to colour the card, then I've used TH Distress ink in Denim on my Kaisercraft Script Stamp.  The wording and the grunge heart are Tim Holtz Stamps, and I've used a clear crackle paint over the heart for a different effect!  I've cut the heart out and mounted it on foam pads so that it stands out from the Script behind it.




2 comments: