Monday 2 August 2010

A new home gift

My boss at work has spent the last three years of her life buying a plot of land and building a gorgeous house on it.  It's taken alot of her time and effort, and I couldn't let Ellie and her family move in without a small gift to mark the occassion!  I made her a new home card, the first card I've made in years, and a minibook.

I love the card and used Tim Holtz's Distress inks to make a background and glimmer misted it, then I used technique tuesday's petal stamps on grungepaper!  The minibook is a Maya Road clear book that I bought in Canada, which I hadn't used before.  It was a challenge making sure both sides were covered, but I was pleased with the result!


























































3 comments:

  1. Love love love the minibook! What a lovely gift! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how good are you getting at the TH way of doing stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post of yours, but I really like this idea! I usually buy all of my house warming gifts (and everything else) online since it's so convenient, but I think adding a little extra something, especially handmade is a great finishing touch! Would go with something crafty like the magazine coasters I bought for my BFF!! (Maybe you can make them too! Check them out at lbmgifts.com)

    ReplyDelete