Monday 27 October 2014

October's Card Swap Challenge...

Hey there, good to see you again!  October's card swap challenge was a really interesting one, and saw me making a card for the lovely Liz that I hadn't made before, a twisted easel card.

So the remit was to make a 6 x 6" twisted easel card in a male theme, using 3 different colours, stamped images and brads.  See what you think of my effort.


I always struggle with male cards, as I don't really have many male stamps.  Well, it just had to be Lovely as a Tree, good ole faithful!  I made an envelope to go with the card using the Under the Tree Speciality Designer Series Paper.  I wanted the envelope to be a bit more robust that normal because of the type of card it was, it didn't lay flat.


I used the reflective technique that I've used before.  This technique is so easy to do, but looks really effective!  I will do a tutorial on this honest!  I also used an antique brad to make the easel part of the card stand up.  I will definitely definitely make more of this style card!

Stampin' Up! Products used:
Early Espresso Card Stock
Old Olive Card Stock
Whisper White Card Stock
Antique Brad
Lovely as a Tree Stamps
Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Ink
Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Ink
Real Red Classic Stampin' Ink
And Many More Stamp Set

No comments:

Post a Comment