Monday 18 August 2014

A sea of Poppies at the Tower of London....

Hey there, thanks for stopping by, and apologies for my post being late!  I've been on my holidays, so I'm having to work on items to blog!!

Last week, while we were on holiday, we went to London for the day.  We had seen news articles about the poppies being planted at the Tower of London to commemorate 100 years since World War 1, and I had seen it on my Intranet at work, as I could go and do some planting, so we had to go and have a look.  The poppies are absolutely stunning, and it's going to look amazing in November when they are all planted, although it doesn't look bad now.

My husband and I feel quite strongly that our Children should know why we live the way we live today, why we have the freedom we do and the sacrifices that were made by people whom we didn't even know.  Every year, without fail, we are on parade with James and the Air Cadets for Rememberance Sunday, so to go and see the poppies just seemed like the right thing to do..... and I could scrapbook it.


This layout came together reasonably quickly, and I love that the black word paper had the words Believed and Dreams on it.  You may see this reposted on 11th November, and you may see more layouts, as we took quite a few pictures from different angles.

You are able to buy the Poppies that are being planted, and all proceeds are going to be split between different charities.  If you would like to know more about how the poppies are being made, or about buying them, please click here.  I've already purchased 2, one for James and one for Emily.  A fitting bit of history, what better way to remember all the lives that were lost.

Stampin' Up! Products used:
Doily
Stapler and mini staples

No comments:

Post a Comment