Friday 23 May 2014

Layouts for Scrapbook Magazine...

Hey there, I'm glad you've come back to see me!  Over the last few months I've been busy with commissions for Scrapbook Magazine.  One such commission was Colour Variation layouts.  I can finally show you the layouts that I put together!


I had to make three layouts using one colour, but in different shades.  I'm really pleased with all the layouts I made.  The first one above is of my gorgeous godson, Ryan, at Emily's 7th Birthday Party in January.  Stampin' Up! Products used:  Off the Grid Stamp, Simply Stars Stamps, Night of Navy Ink, Rhinestones, and Arrows and Stripes embossing folders.


I used a monochrome colour scheme for this layout of James sitting in an Aston Martin at school (get the title now?!).  Stampin' Up! Products used:  Chevron Punch, Rev up the Fun Stamps, Black Stazon Ink, and glitter brads


I had to do a pink layout of Emily at her 7th Birthday Party!  I used the Banner Framelits to cut out all the banners, embossed some of the banners and stamped others to give some variation and texture.  I also made a background using the Best of Butterfly stamps and an ink colour close to my card stock.  I made the banners look like they are attached to the card stock with Primrose Petal Ribbon.


For my final layout, I had to complete layout using a colour wheel effect.  The picture is of Emily's Sketcher trainers that are quite bright - perfect for a layout using all different colours!  I used quite a few of the Stampin' Up! Punches (can you guess them all), and I used the Papillion Potpourri Stamps, and Brights buttons to finish my layout off.  This gave a bit of depth and interest to my layout without making it too fussy!

Colour variation is really simple, and really makes you focus on your pictures.  Give it a go once, and you'll use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment