Monday 14 April 2014

Instructions for my Mini Album...

Hey there, thanks for coming back!  Hopefully you will have seen on Friday the full post about my Mini Album that I  made for Scrapbook Magazine a few months ago.  Fancy having a go at making the album yourself?  Well here's how!  Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.


Cut a piece of 12 x 12" Patterned Paper/Card stock in half so it measures 12 x 6".  Cut as many of these pages as you need, keeping in mind that you are going to have to sew the album together either by  hand, or with a sewing machine.


Score all the pages on the long side at 6".  This will be the middle point on all your pages, and forms the spine of the album.


Score all the pages again at 3" on both sides, so the 12" x 6" pieces are scored three times at 3" apart, as shown above.


To form the pockets, either cut off the corners to make the long pockets, or to cut the flaps in half to make a traditional pocket.  When you fold the pockets into the centre, you may have to trim them slightly so they don't overlap the centre of the album.

When you are happy with all your pages, sew the album pages together, then stick the flaps of the pockets down with sticky strip.

To make the cover, cut another piece of 12 x 6" card stock, score at the 6" mark on the long side of your card stock.  Sew together with the pages, then trim the cover down to size.  I left my cover half an inch or so longer than my pages to give a neat finish.  I then made a band to go around my album to keep it closed.

I would love to see your creations!  Send me an e mail showing me your albums by clicking on my Contact Me Button!

No comments:

Post a Comment