Saturday 2 November 2013

Flip Flap Layout...

Hey there, thanks for stopping by!  Now, I'm not sure if Flip Flap Layout is the proper technical term, but that's what I'm going to call the layout that I'm posting today!

My inspiration for this layout came from Ali Parris in Issue 18 (Oct/Nov) of Scrap 365 (Pages 8 and 9).  Ali scrapped her Granddaughters funny little sayings, and hid them so that the layout was interactive.  I did the same with mine, but I've added a few more flaps, because I wanted to add more photographs.  I'd taken some photographs while on holiday in the Summer that I really liked, but the subjects turned out too small to scrap on their own, so this was the perfect solution.


Family time is so precious to us because both myself and my husband work that I wanted to capture this.  We really make the most of our time together, and I wanted my layout to be colourful and vibrant!  Again, using Ali for inspiration, I used Washi Tape to attach all my flaps, and I just added a little bit of pritt stick type glue to the Washi Tape to make it adhere better.  I really don't like my layouts falling to bits.


I wanted one main photo to be on the "front" of the layout, but I wanted readers to be able to lift each flap and discover more, so the flaps all overlap too.  A couple of the flaps I used for my journalling, so that it didn't detract from the overall look of my layout.


You can see the detail much better here, the stamping, the flaps and the Washi Tape, and the many embellishments that I put on my layout, which is most unusual for me!

I'm really really pleased with how this layout turned out, and I will definitely do this again!

Stampin' Up! Products Used:
Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set (one of my favourites!)
Pacific Point Classic Ink Pad
Melon Mambo Classic Ink Pad
Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pad
Smoky Slate Classic Ink Pad
Season of Style Washi Tape

2 comments: