Tuesday 13 March 2012

Shaping the Beret......

James joined Air Cadets in December and a few weeks later received his uniform.  I didn't realise what an onerous process shaping the beret was, or that it had to be shaped!


The beret was immersed in water and put on James's head to shape.  It took about 2 hours to complete, so plenty of time for me to take some photo's!  Crafters  Workshop have bought out some templates from the very talented Julie Fen-Fai Balzer (please click on the Balzer Designs logo to see Julie's gorgeous work!).  I fell in love with the star template that you could layer.


I first painted orange stars onto my layout using Dylusions Acrylic paint, then once that was dry, I  overlaid it using black acrylic paint.  I'm very very pleased with the effect and can't wait to use this again!

The templates can be bought from Chocolate Baroque for approximately £3 for the 6 x 6 size, which is what I've used.  You can buy 12 x 12 templates, but I thought they would overwhelm the layout!

3 comments:

  1. LOL welcome to my world, I hate it when Tye gets a new Beret, James looks very smart in his. Love the layout. xx

    P.s cant find you on pinterest......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that template! Great LO

    ReplyDelete