Wednesday 18 January 2012

Card Making......

I did reasonably well in 2011 making everyone cards, rather than buying them, so I've decided to do the same again.  With that in mind, I thought I would showcase my first card of the year....



My Niece, Fleur's, birthday is on 25th January, and this is the first time I've sent her a card, so I wanted it to be a nice, if not understated card.

The supplies I've used is a Kraft card from Hobbycraft, Banana Frog Cupcake stamps (small cakes), the large Cupcake is a stamp from my new monthly kit from Cocoa Daisy, and the words are stamps I've had in my stash for a little while.  I stamped the cupcakes onto plain white card with Memento Ink in Jet black, and coloured them in using Promarkers.  I used all subtle colours like Vanilla and soft pink for the icing to give it a really girly look.

On the larger of the cupcakes, I've then used purple and glitter smooch inks to give a bit of sparkle, and I've used the glitter smooch ink on the smaller cupcakes to give some definition.

Happy Birthday Fleur!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely card Sam! It's a great feeling to make all your cards isn't it. Can't wait to see more of your creations...
    Luv Lynne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum those cupcakes look lovely. Nice card Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cute card. You can never go wrong with cupcakes x

      Delete