Saturday 24 September 2011

Let them eat cake.....

And they did!  We couldn't make my eldest Nephew's wedding, but my Sister and Brother in Law shared their photo album with me, and I was able to print off some gorgeous photo's!  I normally Scrapbook people, but don't very often do just object, so Nigel and Fleur's wedding cake was perfect and it was beautiful too.


The butterflies on the wedding cake inspired me to Scrap these, as Butterflies are some of my favourite embellishments.  I'd also just received my new Marianne D die that I wanted to try!


I made the main embellishment, something that took me out of my comfort zone!  I had bought some beautiful Butterfly ribbon at a Scrapagogo Retreat 2 years ago, and I'd never used it.  I folded the ribbon up so the butterflies were on the front of the ribbon, and I've held it together with a couple of Maya Road pins.  Very simple, but lovely!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout Sam, the papers etc go so well with the photos - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is a stunning cake Sam almost too beautiful to eat

    ReplyDelete