Wednesday 1 June 2011

All Day Crop Challenge

My Friend Louise who runs the Scrapbook-Me crops where I live held an all day crop on the 21st May and put a sheet on the tables with challenges on!  One of the Challenges was to use the stash that was put on each place setting.  I couldn't resist, so here is my layout....


Louise gave us a piece of Kraft Cardstock, a tag with a heart sewn onto it, a length of Bakers Twine and a cocktail stick (not sure how Louise picked them up, as she has a phobia about wooden things).  We had to use all of these items on a Layout and a Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch.


I was totally inspired on the day to layer, not something I would normally do, so I used the butterfly punch and cocktail stick to make a toothpick, used the Scalloped Nesties to make the sprouts, which I layered.  The butterfly punch was used to add some prettiness the layout, and I layered the tag along one side of the photo of Emily.  All of the papers were from my May Scrapagogo Kit.  I also used my new Tim Holtz Alterations die that had a small tag, a fold over tab and various book plates to add another small tag and a tab at the opposite end of the patterned paper to Emily's photo.


Just a close up of the Scalloped Nesties that I used on the other side of my layout to balance it up.  My Lace Doily punch was used again to add some more prettiness.  I was really pleased with this layout, as it did the photo justice.  Emily isn't really as angelic as she she looks here!

1 comment:

  1. lol!! I did struggle with those cocktail sticks...luckily though they were coated so they were smooth like, not like a lolly stick!! I made H pick it up and try it out for me first though!!

    Beautiful layout Sam xx

    ReplyDelete