Sunday 8 May 2011

Getting Inked.....

It's taken me 20 years, but I finally went and had a tattoo done on the inside of my wrist!  I like tattoo's if they are on the right person, in the right place, and are appropriate.  Craig booked the appointment thinking I wouldn't go, so I double bluffed him and went!  I think for once I surprised my husband!!

I've just had a small butterfly tattooed on the underside of my left wrist, so I can hide it up for work if I want to or show it.  I still need to go back and have it touched up, but it's very feminine, very me, so of course I had to Scrap it!

I've used a piece of purple Bazzil card stock and a piece of Prima Marketing Fairy Floral paper that has large pink flowers watercolour style all over it, perfect for my butterfly!  I've also used a Martha Stewart Doily Punch to make the scalloped edge.  The Photo's show my tattoo at it's various stages.


I used a Martha Stewart punch for the butterflies, and originally I had just put one layer of butterflies on my layout with the stones, but my friend Louise said it would look better if they were layered, so I painstakingly picked all the stones off, put another layer of butterfly on and reapplied the stones.  Thanks Lou, you were right, they look so much better!


I was lucky enough to be given the stencil that was used to put the outline of the butterfly on my wrist, so that piece of memorabilia had to be included.  The stencil was drawn in pencil, and I knew over time that I would loose the pencil lines off the layout.  To stop the pencil drawing from fading, I used Ranger's Glossy Accents to make a glass like bubble and seal the drawing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment