Thursday 28 April 2011

Cameos and Roses......and Emily Rose

Scrapagogo's April Kit, Cameos and Roses is full of deep teal, soft aqua, rich sunshine yellow and slate grey, and contains some lovely trinkets and cameo's.  How on earth was I going to use this elegant kit, as we are not elegant at all!

I wasn't going to let the kit sit in my craft cupboard, as it was too beautiful!  I found the perfect photo of Emily that was taken at her 4th Birthday Party to use, her blue eyes would go with the paper.

With the Cameos and Roses kit on my craft table, along with Emily's photo, I needed some inspiration.  Sarah Youde is one of my favourite designers (I loved seeing Sarah's work up close at the Scrapagogo Retreat last October) and I sort of scrap lifted this layout.



The Bazzill Basics Gray Prismatic cardstock was inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Stormy Sky Distress Inks, and all the papers used were from My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Hattie collection, which are beautiful!

I love the Stella and Rose Family transparent frame, which I used to form a border around Emily's photo and the Carefree label sticker at the top of Emily's photo sums Emily up totally.



The Kit also has some beautiful ribbons, which I stroked for ages before deciding how to use them on my layout.  The Maya Road Organza Grey Rose Ribbon added the finishing touch, and was the perfect frame for the Etsy Cameo Embellishment.


2 comments:

  1. Great Layout Sam love all the detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the above was me signed in with DH's account....

    ReplyDelete