Thursday 24 February 2011

Month in Review 2011

The other class I'm following with Scrapagogo this year is the Month in Review 2011.  This is much like the yearbook we did last year.  I decided to do the Month in Review as I enjoyed the Yearbook with Nicola Kerridge last year!

We don't have to use the monthly Kits, we can use any stash we like, but for me, I think it's all about using that month's kit.  You end up with quite a mixture of layouts!  My Month in Review 2011 Layouts are 8 x 8, and I'm using an American Craft D Ring Album!


This is my title page for my book.  I bought some Glimmerz Paints at last year's Scrapagogo Retreat, and they go on wood lovely, so I painted my large star in the lovely green!  Santa also bought me a mini sewing machine and this was my first attempt at using it.  I was quite pleased with myself!


We took a walk along the old Railway Line route in Buckingham, and it was so cold that the river was still frozen!  I cut strips off of one of the patterned papers and used m EK Success punch to make a border, and the old fashioned & badge connected the two photo's and words together.





















January was also Emily's Birthday and James bought home 7 Challenge Badges from Scouts.  The photo's really didn't go with the colours in the kit, but cropping the photo's as much as I could helped some.  The frame around the word Jan is a Maya Road Chipboard frame which I inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress ink, then covered with Distress Stickles of the same colour.  It adds a little bit of sparkle without being over the top!

2 comments:

  1. Great layouts hun, love the blog hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab Sam, i like the border on the ice and water lo xx

    ReplyDelete