Monday 25 May 2015

At Last! Card…...

Hey there, happy Bank Holiday to you if you're in the UK!  Hope you're all having a good day.  Thanks for stopping by on a "day off".

So on Friday, my 16 year old son officially left school.  He still has to go back to school for the next 2 weeks for GCSE exams, but officially he does not now go to school.  I can't believe that he's left, where is the little baby that I held 16 years ago?  James is certainly growing up too fast!

To commemorate the occasion, I made James a card, which I left on his bed once he'd gone to school, along with a bottle of beer (to be consumed under our supervision) and a drink me straw, which came in my Lollipop Box Club kit.  Here's the card I made…


I wanted the card to be male, but celebratory, and I think I struck the right balance.  I've used the new Stampin' Up! In Colours, which I adore!  I wasn't sure I'd like them, but I love them and can't wait to use them more.

The message in the card to James was very simple, and reminded him that he can now do what he wanted to do.  The world really is James's oyster.

Congratulations to all Year 11's and Year 13's that have left school!!

Stampin' Up! Products used:
Very Vanilla Card stock
Naturals Vanilla Card stock (retired)
Mint Macaroon Card stock
Mint Macaroon Classic Stampin' Ink
Cucumber Crush Classic Stampin' Ink
Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Ink
Work of Art Stamp set
Epic Alphabet Stamp set
And many more Stamp Set

No comments:

Post a Comment