Monday 17 November 2014

Project Life according to Sam…..


Yesterday, I attended my Stampin' Up! Quarterly Training with the lovely Michelle Last and a lot of my Pinkie Team.  I held a Project Life Class that I hope everyone enjoyed.

I thought I would share my worksheet in my blog post today, so if you want to know how to get started, this should help.  Please press my Contact Me button if you have any questions!


There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to Project Life, and I’m sure that most of you have come to your own conclusions on how to approach this. I thought I would give you a view on how I approach Project Life, as it is a little different to traditional Scrapbooking.

Step 1 How I look at my page protector
page1image4872

Rather than looking at my page protector as a whole, which can be quite daunting, I divide my page protector up into the individual sections.


Step 2 co-ordinating my layout

Co-ordinating your layout is still really important, and you should still use the scrapbooking rules of using a dominant colour in your picture for your cards, the rule of three etc. I find that laying out my cards is extremely useful, as you can swap and change them around.

page1image9776

Step 3 Finish your layout

Once you’re happy with how you’ve laid out your layout, it’s time to add the embellishments, wording etc. I tend to treat each card like an individual page, and complete one card at a time, ensuring that my embellishments co- ordinate.
page1image13040


USEFUL HINTS AND TIPS
page2image1064
  1. When completing your Project Life Layout, design your page so that a readers eye will travel either from top to bottom, from left to right or around your page, as per your traditional scrapbooking.
  2. Use the rule of three (this will help with point number 1) put three items around your page to draw the readers eye around the whole page. This can be clips, embellishments, journaling cards etc.  Try to form a triangle
  3. Keep your embellishments simple don’t cram them onto a Project Life layout. I’m finding that less is more!
  4. Spread your title over a couple of cards. Not only does this mean you’re not squashing your title into a limited space, but you’re adding interest to your layout
  5. Use the gorgeous cards as embellishments! It is OK to use the patterns on the cards as part of your page embellishment. Don’t feel you have to fill them with anything.
  6. Don’t be afraid to do something different I’ve completed some interactive layouts, which you will be able to see on my blog at a later date, add wording to your photo’s etc Stazon ink and stamps is good for this.
  7. Project Life is as much about the journaling as it is the pictures. You can still do hidden journaling if you want to keep something personal
  8. ANYTHING GOES As I said at the beginning, there is no right or wrong way to complete a Project Life layout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment