Friday 12 September 2014

August Card Swap Challenge...

Hey there, thanks for stopping by!  I'm part of a card swap challenge, and on the 10th of each month a new challenge is set.   For August we had to make a tag card, which included butterflies and 5 different colours.  See what you think of my effort that was sent to the lovely Sue!


I pulled out all the stops and decided to emboss the swallowtail stamp.  I don't often emboss, but I always love the result.  I decided to use my white ink and dauber to put the shadowing around the edges.


I also love the Stampin' Up! Clay, but again, this was something that I'd not used for while, so I decided to put a couple of clay butterflies on a separate tag!


I also used the Papillion Potpourri stamps for more butterflies on the inside.  I also decided to go tag-tastic, and make a tag card that opened to reveal more tags.  I think this design may be used again for Christmas cards!  Watch this space!

Stampin' Up! Products used:
Soft Suede and Soft Sky A4 Card stock
Soft Suede and Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Ink
Swallowtail Stamp
Papillion Potpourri Stamp Set
White embossing powder
Artisan Label Punch
Stampin' Up! Clay
Everything Eleanor Stamp Set
Crystal Effects
White Stampin' Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment