Wednesday 30 November 2011

So Grown Up...

When I looked at this photo of James, I realised how grown up he'd become.  I had to complete a layout to document just how grown up he'd become.


I loved the Crate Paper Portrait collection paper I had in my stash and the Lilybee Design Happily Lost paper.  The design on the Lilybee paper just had to be cut out, so the branch and the doilies are cut from the paper.


I used Purple card stock to cut out the scalloped circles, so that they matched in with Jame's top and layered the doilies on them.  The white against the dark purple is very striking.  I have a Martha Stewart Owl punch that not only cuts the owl out, but embosses too.  I punched one of these out and added gems from Sarah's cards to the eyes.


Using a postage stamp punch, I cut out around the owl hole to make a negative, and tied the Bakers Twine around it.  I also layered a small doily with two sizes of purple circles, which I edged using Smooch Ink Pool ink, which are lush!  I also used Dylusions Aubergine spray ink to bring the purple into the layout.

1 comment:

  1. Sam you are on a roll with your layouts of James. They are growing up so fast, last night I found that Harry is now taller than me....scary!!!

    ReplyDelete