Sunday 28 August 2011

Month in Review - July

I finished my July pages a little while ago, but I just haven't got around to photographing them and blogging them.  So without delay, here are my July pages....


www.scrapagogo.co.uk have done it again, and the July kit was gorgeous!  I loved these beach huts at Lyme Regis, and the edge on the Sassasfras paper reminded me of sandcastles!!  When on the beach front I always think of ice creams, so Sam Ball's bespoke card was an obvious addition to the page!  The month plate was made using the stamp in my kit and it was so easy to cut out and layer.


A close up of the Sassasfras paper edging as sandcastles!  I had to add little flag to the sandcastles.


I also used the Maya Road chipboard flags to cut some paper flags to put on the corner of my layout. 


This is the other side of my July pages!  Our holiday this year was in Cornwall, and these photo's were taken at Bluff Cove!  The kiddies had a great time playing on the beach!  Again Sam Ball's bucket and spade bespoke card just had to be added.  I also love the material banners that were in the kit!  They reminded me of the lifeguards flags on the beach, so I painted them red and yellow using Glimmermist and Dylusions inks, threaded red Bakers Twine through the holes and included them on my page!  With the pictures on the beach and the flags, my title came naturally!


This is a close up of the flag that I painted.  The photo's plaque was cut off the top of the filmstrip on the left hand side of the page.  It was too lovely to throw away and again fit my page beautifully!

Scrapagogo's September Kit, Curiosity Shop, looks gorgeous!!  Make sure you pop on by their website using the link above to check it out!!

2 comments: