Wednesday 4 May 2011

Scrapagogo Month in Review 2011 - March and April

I've completed my Month in Review pages for April, which is the Scrapagogo class to record your year, and I realised that I've not blogged my March pages, so I'm going to showcase both months pages!

March first!  This month was quite a big month for my husband Craig, as he changed his job for a more Senior Post, so this had to be recorded in my March pages!


Craig went from using a Company van to finally getting a Company Car, so that was definitely worth recording in my Month in Review.


I love the Jillybean Journalling Blocks, they added alot of vibrant colour to the page and were really fun too!

My daughter Emily is only four, however, she is a really girly girl and at this tender age has already earned her nickname (one of a few) of Imelda!!  Emily just loves shoes, so the other part of March's pages was to record the fact that Emily had 16, yes 16, pairs of shoes!!!!


I thought I'd printed this photograph out in Black and White, so because of all the colours of the shoes, I wanted to keep the paper pale, with just a splash of colour!  The pale blue patterned paper, along with part of the Basic Grey Doily made the perfect backdrop to the photo.  Again to add a splash of colour the Jillybean journalling spots were perfect!

April's Scrapagogo Kit was very elegant, as you've probably seen in a previous blog, perfect to scrap our Lunch Trip on the Thames, minus the kiddies, and our short break up in Scotland to an old Cotton Mill that's now been turned into a Hotel complex.


I tried to keep my pages for April uncluttered, but the embellishments are so nice, it was hard not to stick them all on!  I cut the My Minds Eye Stella and Rose journalling card in two, so it made sub title in the top left had corner, but also made a journalling block in the bottom right hand corner.  This journalling block was perfect to record that Craig and I had a day in London with no kiddies, although I did feel a bit guilty!  I also adore the Stella and Rose Happy Label Stickers, and had to try very hard not to put too many on the page!


To make a centre piece on the bottom middle of my page, I used one of Sam Ball's design cards, along with a couple of organza roses cut from the Maya Road ribbon that was in the kit.  The Sassafras Mini Alphas in Cool Grey were perfect for my title.


The other April page is to record our trip up to Scotland, where we stayed at the New Lanark Mill Hotel.  The hotel was so elegant and the buildings were beautiful, perfect for the cameo's!  The Cameo in the middle is a Maya Road Chipboard Cameo, which I inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Stormy Sky and Broken China and I used a white paint dabber to paint the cameo head.  I then covered both of the blue pieces in Rock Candy Crackle paint to give them a weathered look.  I also painted the cameo head with Gesso, which again gave it a weathered look (it didn't help that I'd dropped the head on the floor when the Gesso was still wet!!).  The cameo was finished off with a Prima Trinket!


I used the Stella and Rose Remember title to make another sub title and some Prima Flowers in Thyme finished off the page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment