Saturday 8 January 2011

My finished Yearbook 2010

Nicola Kerridge of Scrapagogo Land did a fantastic class last year, where you used that month's Scrapagogo Kit to complete a LO of your month.  Each LO forms a page in the Yearbook and records your year in full.  I know I've blogged pages, but I've finally finished the whole book and I've put it together!!

Here is my finished Yearbook 2010!  Thanks Nicola for a great project!


My yearbook cover!  The GoGo was cut out of the yellow pizza box that the kits used to come in!!  Loved the Basic Grey Bling too!


January's pages!  Cupcakes for Emily's birthday and snow!!


My February pages contain everything on them that I love..... my family closely followed by a Starbucks Gingerbread Latte!!


I really liked the Making Memories bling frame and thought it sectioned out the second view of my Latte very nicely!


I was very lucky for Mother's Day in March, as Craig and the kiddies bought my 4 new Trollbeads for my bracelet, so I had to record that my bracelet went from looking quite sparse to being quite full!


April's pages just had to be about Easter and Spring.  I really liked the hybrid alpha's and the orange and cream flower.  Putting a cream vintage button in the middle of the hybrid flower just set it off.


May was the first month when we could get outside properly!  The kiddies spent quite a bit of time out in the garden planting up a herb garden and sunflowers.  Emily also spent quite a lot of time on wheels of some sort too.  I particularly liked the rain theme in this month's Scrapagogo kit too.


Another view of my scalloped flower on my May page!  In the middle is a bazzil bling button that looked like a raindrop!  The flowers are very simple, with the layers cut out using my circle scallop punch and then the layers are all crumpled up and stuck together.


Emily sat outside with her friend Ruby in June and decorated some Gingerbread Men.  Jack, our border terrier, also went for a pluck.  He looks so different after he's been stripped, that I just had to yearbook it.


July saw James going away the Isle of Wight with School and Holland with Scouts!  We also had Russian Scouts come to visit our Scout Group, and Craig helped to man the BBQ at Haversham.  Emily also had picnics with Pre-School and had a wonderful afternoon with her best friend, Hope.


I loved the August hybrids and just had to use them on August's pages.  I loved the loopy lace cardstock and this framed Emily in her Morocco outfit perfectly!


Two things happened in September - James went to Kingsbrook and I finally got a craft cupboard!!


October was all about Scrapagogo!!!  I went to my second retreat and I absolutely loved it!! Met up again with the fabulous GoGo Girls, had some great classes, caught up with old friends and made some new ones too!!!  It had to go into my Yearbook!!


We did our second year of Lantern Making this year and we got more snow!!  The November Scrapagogo kit was perfect colours for the blue and pink in my LO!  The Chipboard window was perfect to go over my snow scene too that I took out of my car window!  I painted it with Snow cap Ranger Dabber and then sprayed it with Silver Glimmer mist, and it complemented my snow scene!














Wow and we're round to December already!!!  Again, I loved the December Winter Warmer's Scrapagogo Kit, as all the papers and Embellishments could be used for normal LO's, but could also be made into Christmas LO's.  My December pages record that Emily received 2 more Dancing Rosettes, another Gym Badge, she took part in her Nativity Plays at both Pre-School and Playgroup and it also records the fun we had out in the snow!!

The Scrapagogo Girls are doing another class this year called 2011 Month in Review, which is basically a 6 x 6 Yearbook!!  I enjoyed doing this yearbook so much, that I'm going to do the class this year and record another year of the Sweetlove antics.  I think what I enjoyed about my 2010 yearbook is the fact that I used that month's kit to complete my pages, so I'm going to do this again this year!!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sam - I might well copy you and do a LO a month for 2011 - goodness knows I have enough mini albums to fill....

    I detect a slight theme of baking going on here LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Yearbook Sam, your pages are beautiful. What a great way to remenber a year. I'm sure your kids are going to love looking through it over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - its gorgeous! Well done for sticking to it - I think its time for me to do one! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Sam xx Good on you for sticking with it xx

    ReplyDelete