Sunday 19 December 2010

My tags for Christmas!

I really like Shimelle Laine's Journal Your Christmas, but last year I got quite stressed doing a book, and for the second year running, I only made it to Christmas Day!  This is also the first year that I've looked at Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas, and I loved them.  I had a lightbulb moment (don't have too many of them!) and decided to combine Shimelle's Journal your Christmas 2010 with inspiration from Tim Holtz tags.  I'm a novice at all the inking techniques, but I'm pleased with what I've done so far........


My cover for my tag book!  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks on a craft mat, sprayed it with water out of a mini mister, then pushed the tag into the inky water.  If there were gaps, I used Sir Tim's purple ink pad to fill them in!  The snowflakes are Maya Road chipboard ones that have been painted with Glimmerz paint in Silver.  When they dried, I put glossy accents over the top and let them dry.


More Tim Holtz inks, but this time used dry and just blended with Sir Tim's blending tool.  I used Barn Door and Fired Brick on the red one, and Straw and Marmalade on the orange one!  I also used Sir Tim's stamps for the numbers.  On all of the tags, I've used Shimelle's numbers and I've used SJ Dowsetts alphabets stamps that I received in my last Scrapagogo December kit.


I love the Banana Frog stamps, but haven't managed to invest in any yet, so the last time I went to my Crop, my friend Louise let me use hers.  I'm loving the tree with baubles on it!!  You can't see it on this tag but on all the branches and along the bottom I've used Rangers Rock Candy Distress Stickles to add a bit of sparkle.














Again, the Hello doesn't really show up, but I've used a purple Perfect Pearls to stamp the hello, then but glossy accents over the top to give it a raised finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment